Review: buckupbixby - Demos

Label: DIY
BUCKUPBIXBY is a probably very thoughtful guy from Portland/Oregon, playing music on his acoustic guitar. It's the kind of acoustic-music I could imagine being jammed in a smelly but charming, dimly lit bar at 10 p.m., while the guests are preparing themselves to get drunk. Being abstinent from any kind of bar for nearly seven months now, I'd love to be there in this very moment!

As you probably could've guessed, reading this right here, buckupbixby has a background in Punk, Metal and Midwest-Emo and that's what you hear shining through in his attitude. This is not really what you would call "Folk" and that's a good thing as this is normally not my alley. I dig the straight and honest feeling you get out of these songs. John, which is BUCKUPBIXBY 's real name, sings about personal stuff as well as politic and society related topics. What really caught me was that line in "Carictures": "politicans on the T.V. / they're yelling something at me again / trying to spin up some new stories for me to believe / it'd be much easier for me to believe"

Check this out if you're into music like that and even when you're not (I'm neither), give this lad a chance as it's really well done acoustic-music that has depth and doesn't pretend to be something else. The Demos are a "Name your Price"-download on Bandcamp and you even get one more song that is not on the site.

buckupbixby on Bandcamp
buckupbixby on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts