Nirvana's "Nevermind" turns 30


I heard "Smells like Teen Spirit" just yesterday in a dated shopping mall in my hometown. It felt out of place, but proofed once again that this song will outlive us all. What else to say about an album that everybody knows? I guess not much. It's another case of irony, that the dude from the cover grabbed the headlines only a couple of weeks ago. 

I still love that album and I love it over "In Utero", despite all the cool people out there saying that the latter is the better. You just can't go no wrong with "Nevermind" and its massive flood of all-time-classics. It's one of the most popular albums ever and definitely the most important guitar-based record of the 90s. Some "Nevermind"-songs even leveled up in quality, while they were being performed for the "MTV Unplugged"-session, but here's where it all started for NIRVANA, Grunge and last not least Mainstream-Punkrock as a whole.

Happy 30th to that undeniable classic! I hope my grandchildren will love you too.

Comments

Popular Posts