Kendrick Lamar feat. Taylour Paige - We cry together (A Short Film)

This is freakin' awesome. "We cry together" is one of the best cuts on "Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers", yet it felt "out there" from the first time I listenend to it. It's aggressive, it's offensive, it's eye-catching. It's a song about a couple arguing the fuck out of their relationship and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at each other. When my 6-year old daughter, who doesn't understand much English, heard this song for the first time she quickly asked me if these two were arguing. It's as simple as that. But it's the simplicity of the topic and its execution that makes it as awesome as it is. It's also deep as fuck, pointing out some charateristic manners by men and women, while demonstrating how absurd love relationship are sometimes. I think most who have been in a long term relationship can relate a 100 percent...

"We cry together" is one of KENDRICK's most visually and striking tracks ever and I guess everyone who heard it on CD, Vinyl or his smartphone already watched his own mind-movie while doing so. This video directed itself, cause the song was the perfect template. The way it was done however, is simply amazing. It was shot live without any cuts and without lip-syncing and on top of that the mood gives me the chills. I especially like when they show the whole set at the end to remind you that it's just a music video/short film. This is genius and I love it. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts