Thrice - Summer set Fire to the Rain (Video)

No fan of the animated video, which doesn't meet the high quality of the song in the slightest but oh my, I'll take what I can get. "Summer set Fire to the Rain" might just be one of my favourite songs of the year. I guess I didn't like a THRICE-song this much since "The Weight" or "In Exile" off of 2009's "Beggars". The Postcore-drama near the end is a nice throwback to their past, but it is no signpost for the new album as a whole.

To me "Horizons/East" is more interesting and well defined as the three previous albums but it's no return to their old stuff. It's still more of the grown up Alt-Rock-stuff that dominated their 2010s and I could never get down with that. Other than that, nice to have these guys starting a comeback!

Comments

Popular Posts