Muttering - Modern Living (Video)

A few weeks ago I was helping out a friend at work. A bunch of pupils were celebrating the end of school year. When I was finished I sat down to have a beer and some cigarettes and while doing so, I had to watch some of the pupils messing around outside. They were like 12 or something. Two or three of them had their phone attached to their hand like it was a glove for the winter. They took 100 selfies over the course of 5 minutes and pretended to be Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton. I was sitting there, sipping on my beer and questioned myself how in the fucking hell on earth we, as we the civils, could turn this mess of a world around?! 

It's sad and I'm thinking a lot about it, questioning my own behavior every now and then, while constantly battling an inner conflict. It bothers me, especially cause I'm a father of a 6-year old daughter. At age 36 I'm inbetween the generation that's somehow addicted and somehow curses all this digitalization. MUTTERING's new song/video may be over-acted but it puts our "Modern Living" into a nutshell.

Check out this sweet little Indie-band out of the UK, if you haven't already. Their "Soap Box"-EP from earlier this year was a banger, and their lyrics/topics are always worth it. They will drop an album called "Great" at the 9th of September.

Comments

Popular Posts