10 years of mEMOries... kind of!



On this day, 10 years ago, we released the first part of "mEMOries". Originally on the old blog, it was re-posted in 2022 on the new site. Is this an anniversary we should celebrate? I don't know. Is this something I can be proud of? Definitely: No. 

The series was more dead than alive. Precisely it was active for two and a half years and on a grinding halt for seven and a half years. So it's more like a "kind of" birthday, you know? I'll still use this occassion to give you an update about the status of the series and more important the compilation!

The series is on its last legs. I've already received two parts which will come out in the next few weeks, with probably one or two more on the way. So we'll be done in Spring. As for the comp, it's gonna be out in Summer, cause you know, I thought Summer would be the best time for sad Emo music. Nope, the plan was to release it at the beginning of 2024, but it was clear from the start that this wouldn't work out. Now, it's looking better and better. I already received 12 of the 25-ish songs and damn, "mEMOries" is shaping up to be a beautiful compilation. There are gonna be a few surprises, like from FLIGHT MODE or from Daniel (AMID THE OLD WOUNDS, Time as a Color Records), who delivered a second, bonus track for the tape. There was already a teaser for the wonderful, exclusive WALKING RACE-track. If you missed it, check out another teaser video by Ross:

As for the rest of the tracks, a lot of them are on the way. If everything turns out right, I can start the recording process in early July. I've already typed most of the written "mEMOries"-pieces and will see how far I can take it in terms of layout, but it's probably gonna be very basic. I don't know yet if there's gonna be some kind of lyric sheet, but I don't think so, cause it'd get a bit too text-heavy then. I'll probably keep it for Bandcamp?!

Doing this for the first time, without any experience in putting a DIY-record together, I gotta say, it's a lot of work and there's a lot to take care about. From the booklet to the packaging, from getting all songs to putting them on tape, from designing the tapes to ordering stuff to deciding various things on my own. I've already scrapped a few ideas and I've already burned too much money for this comp... but eventually, it'll all be worth it.

Speaking about the design of the tapes: There are gonna be five different colors. I've already finished three of them and presented them with this neat little video to the awesome "Go In" by ACHERS.

I know "mEMOries" is progressing very, very slowly and I'm indeed not happy about it myself. I can't wait to get this out, finally.

As of now, I gotta thank everyone that took care about it in those 10 (or two and a half) years from the bottom of my heart. You're amazing!

Check out all "mEMOries" parts so far...

Comments

Popular Posts