Meat Wave - What would you like me to do (Video)

Their name might disgust a few, but the fuck, this is Noise-Rock!! 

MEAT WAVE from (surprise!) Chicago, IL are four LPs deep into their discography and "The Incessant", their album from 2017, was produced by (surprise!) Steve Albini. On their new record "Malign Hex" their bassist Joe Gac took over recording duties. Nevertheless, this reminds me a lot of SHELLAC. The rhythmic tension they create is from the same cloth but they combine it with some melodies, harmonies and hooks. 

"What would you like me to do" is a perfect example of that clash, with the danceable style getting intermittet by the oh-so-catchy chorus. I won't say that all of the "Malign Hex"-tracks are as awesome, but the LP is definitely worth if if you're into Noise-Rock and Garage-Punk. Also, the video below is really cool for what it is. I like the lo-fi aesthetics and I fuckin' love the dance-moves from their drummer!

Comments

Popular Posts