"Skramzmas" - Christmas-comp in support of FoodBank Australia

The Bedroom Skramz/DIY Jamz-community takes the christmas season as an occassion to once again do something good. They put together a charity sampler in support of the FoodBank Australia. This time around, it's a christmas-themed mix with the title "Skramzmas". The beautiful cover art was designed by SHORTSTOP, AGAINST REALISM arranged and mastered the tracks.

For many of us christmas is the time of brotherly love, and the time to help those who need it the most. So I friendly ask you to support this cool initiative. Don't buy anymore shitty, useless presents, instead give the Bedroom Skramz-community your money! Like they emphasize themselves: "1 Dollar can buy 2 meals".

Buy the comp @ their Bandcamp

...as for the comp: Christmas in general is a "love it or hate it"-thing. The same counts for christmas music, you either have a soft spot for it or you don't. Personally, I love christmas and christmas season, even when it's the most turbulent time of the year. When it comes to christmas music, to me it's the most bizarre sub-genre (yeah, I officially called it that way!) of all-time. There are songs I absolutely love, and songs that I absolutely loathe. One of them is on this comp, oh well...

What I like about the comp is, that they were fully aware of these rubbish "circumstances", when putting this together. One good thing is, that this mix doesn't overstay its welcome, with 9 songs in 30 minutes. Another thing I like is, that some of the artists don't take themselves too serious. Look at "Do they know it's Skramzmas" and "Christmas, don't be late", a track originally done by ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS. I always liked them, so I truly feel this choice!!!

PISSKOP then delivers a cover of the song that I passionately hate year in year out: "Last Christmas", by WHAM!. It's still a shitty song, though I gotta say, that PISSKOP's version is the best I've ever heard. Check his regular stuff too! 

The highlight is the closer, a collab between PLASTIC DENTS, AGAINST REALISM and CHASE FREEDOM. It's an interesting idea of a song, a blend of calm, relaxed yet mysterious music and some spoken words. Cool mood definitely, though I'd love if they would've exploited "Silent Night, Holy Night" more intensively near the end of the song. Cool idea, nonetheless! Another track I enjoyed is the Norwegian christmas song, performed by BLONDE MOHAWK.

In the end it doesn't matter what I'm saying about the music, when the cause is as noble. So, get up your candy asses and support them!

Comments

Popular Posts