This was "Crying Obsidian Fest" #1

Believe me or not, but a few months ago I was thinking of a possibility for the Bedroom Skramz-community to do something like a fest. I was more playing with the idea of these artists coming together to actually perform their songs live, though this was more fiction than reality cause most of these projects are not designed to play concerts...

...probably around the same time AGAINST REALISM & GODFUCK of the Bedroom Skramz/DIY Jamz-community had the same idea in mind and in fact they found a way to realize it. They've chosen the computer game "Minecraft" to set this up and built a whole festival area, with the help by some other scene-people. They named it the "Crying Obsidian Fest" and put together a cool lineup of Bedroom-artists. The participating acts along with some other people of the community then met online through their avatars to actually celebrate this fest. 

It took place last Saturday at 1 A.M., at least in my time zone. It was bad timing for me, but I've tuned in live 'til the server crash in the middle of the CARTER C-set. Before I've watched the sets by GINGERBEE & BRIGHT, LITTLE STARS in their entirety. Somehow the whole build-up slipped under my radar and then I nearly missed it, but thanks to  a reminder by AGAINST REALISM two days prior I was able to catch a few moments of the fest on Twitch. I got some explaining words by Jordan beforehand, but nonetheless went in without knowing what to expect... and yeah... at first it was a bit bewildering to me. My gaming years are way over and I don't know "Minecraft", also I never got the appeal of it with its muddy and ugly graphics. I never was a nerd for graphics when gaming and always prefered the oldschool stuff, but I never liked the "Minecraft"-style aesthetically... 

A few minutes in it, I then felt the excitement by those people and enjoyed it myself. The idea is brilliant and definitely the closest thing for these guys to come together for a fest of their own. Also the artists have the possibility to debute new songs on a "big stage", or to create a different listening experience for their music, when putting together their setlist.

Hats off for this great concept and congratulations to everyone participating. This has some potential going forward and the way these passionate artists are thinking, they've probably already started to brainstorm on "Crying Obsidian Fest 2".

Watch the whole fest on YoutTube
Follow "Crying Obsidian Events" on Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts